Make Room for Friends and Family this Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is a warm and welcoming holiday, a wonderful opportunity for loved ones to gather. If you’re hosting this year, you may be concerned about having enough space for everyone. You want to make everyone feel welcome, and you might even be looking to open your doors a little bit wider this year, to make room for those who have no friends or family with whom to spend the holiday. Don’t worry, even if your house is small, if you do some creative thinking you can make enough room for everyone to enjoy a meal together.
· Spread the party around. Make different stations, so people have to circulate, because this promotes interaction. Serve drinks in one room, hors d’oeuvres in another, and give people some time to mill about and mingle before the main event.
· Serve dinner buffet style. If space is at a premium in the dining room, put the buffet in a separate room from the room where people will eat. Set the table first, and let people carry their plates from the table to the buffet and back. Aside from freeing up table space, a buffet also frees you up to have more flexible seating.
· Consider more than one table, to make room for all of your guests. Of course, there’s the time-honored tradition of a kids table, but it’s a good idea to find other ways to extend your tablespace. You might use a second table to extend your dining table, either in a line or in an L shape, depending on the size and shape of your dining room. You might also consider several small tables scattered throughout different rooms of your house, to allow your guests to eat café style.
· Make the most of all of your available space. If the weather permits, you might want to open things up and set up a table or two outdoors. It may also be practical to allow people to casually dine, using all of your available seating arrangements.
· Rent what you don’t have. You may not have the extra tables and chairs that you need to accommodate all of your guests, but you can easily rent what you need. What’s more, it’s easy to find table linens, dishes, utensils, and even serving dishes that will match your style in numbers to meet your needs.
If you’re ready to make room at your Thanksgiving table for more people, you can count on A-1 Party Rentals and Events to help you make your dinner a success. At A-1, we’ve got over two decades of experience in meeting and exceeding customers’ needs, and we’re committed to helping you plan an event that runs smoothly and leaves you with wonderful memories. A locally owned, complete service special event and equipment rental company in Redwood City, California, we’re proud to have built our success on strong relationships with our clients. We are dedicated to providing excellent quality, service, and attention to detail, and our inventory is unequaled in selection and quality. Visit our showroom to learn all we have to offer, or contact us through our website for more information.