You’re getting married? Congratulations! Now it’s time to plan what is likely the biggest party you’ll ever throw in your entire life. Are you up to the task? Of course you are, if you follow a few simple tips.
· Before you plan your party, plan your budget. A wedding can be as simple or as elaborate as you make it, but the budget needs to be determined before you fall in love with a costly dress or too-expensive venue.
· Guests before venue. Your guest list doesn’t have to be set in stone right away, but you need to have a ballpark figure so that you can choose the right space. Once you know how many guests you’ll have, you can start shopping around for a venue, allowing about 25-30 square feet per guest. This is the time to decide on your attendants, as well, so that you can figure them- and their plus-ones- into the equation.
· Start organizing your vision. This part is the most fun! Get inspired, by checking out wedding websites, Instagram, and Pinterest, and start putting your ideas together in a binder. The binder will become a handy place to store correspondences with vendors, notes, photos, checklists, and anything else that helps you focus on crafting your dream wedding. Will it be formal or casual? What about colors and overall style? Will you have a religious ceremony or secular? Will you write your own vows? This is the time to explore different ideas so that you can make your wedding uniquely yours.
· Pick the venue and the date. Think carefully about the weather, as well as the ability of your most important guests to attend. Then decide on your venue, and how you’ll use it. Will you have the ceremony and reception in the same location? Will there be dancing? Will you have a cocktail hour? At each venue you visit, imagine every moment of the wedding, to make sure the location is a good fit.
· Don’t forget the special details. Will you need tables, chairs, and additional seating? An arch? How about tableware, flatware, drinkware, and linens? If your wedding is outdoors, do you need tents? The right rental company can provide all the little details that will make the day unique and beautiful.
No matter the season or theme, at A-1 Party Rentals, we’ve got everything you need for the perfect wedding. Visit our website for more information. With over two decades of experience in meeting and exceeding customers’ needs, we’re committed to helping you plan an event that runs smoothly and is full of wonderful memories. A locally owned, complete service special event and equipment rental company in Redwood City, California, we’re proud to have built our success on strong relationships with our clients by providing excellent service, attention to detail, and an inventory unequaled in selection and quality. Visit our showroom, or contact us through our website for more information.