An Old-Fashioned Company Picnic made Perfect
Corporate events are important for businesses because they help coworkers get to know each other, bond, and become better teammates. Team building can get boring, though, if it’s the same rented hall or conference room year after year. This year, why not host a company picnic?
· First, you’ll need to choose your location. Does the company property contain sufficient green space? If not, parks with pavilions are also good options. Anywhere you can spread out, play games, eat, and get to know each other is a great place to hold a company event.
· Once you know where you’ll hold it, settle on a theme. It could be a luau or just a day at the beach. You might decide on a circus or carnival theme, with a midway and colorful posters. One simple theme is a country picnic, which lends itself to barbecue or picnic food, and games on the lawn.
· You can make your event memorable if you rent the right equipment. You’ll need tents to provide shade when it’s needed, barbecue grills, perhaps with a spit, chafing dishes, coffee service, and plenty of tables and chairs, maybe with some comfy couches thrown in for good measure. Mentally walk through the day, imagining everything that will be happening, to make your own list of necessary rental items.
· Dress the event in style. You don’t have to serve your employees or colleagues and their families on paper plates when it’s easy to rent beautiful tableware to make the tables beautiful. Glassware, flatware, serving platters, and any other items you’ll need to make it perfect are available for rent.
· Plan the menu with care. Think about foods that will match your theme, and consider different dietary needs so that you can make plenty of options available. In addition to providing food and snacks, you’ll need to offer water so that your guests will be sure to stay hydrated.
· Make team building fun again with old-fashioned games. What were the games you loved as a kid? Relay races, scavenger hunts, tug of war, three-legged races, corn hole, horseshoes, and more can be brought back for fun at a company party. Have some balls for people to casually toss around, too, and maybe a bocce game if there’s a long flat lawn.
· Set up activities that everyone can enjoy. Don’t forget about the kids, if it’s a family event. Face painting is always a hit, and it’s easy to rent inflatables for the children to enjoy. Concessions are fun too, and whether it’s cotton candy, snow cones, popcorn, or hot dogs, people will gravitate to those festive little carts.
When you’re hosting a corporate event, count on A-1 Party Rentals and Events to help you make it a success. At A-1, we’ve got over two decades of experience in meeting and exceeding customers’ needs, and we’re committed to helping you plan an event that runs smoothly and leaves you with wonderful memories. A locally owned, complete service special event and equipment rental company in Redwood City, California, we’re proud to have built our success on strong relationships with our clients. We are dedicated to providing excellent quality, service, and attention to detail, and our inventory is unequaled in selection and quality. Visit our showroom to learn all we have to offer, or contact us through our website for more information.