There are plenty of wedding venues out there, but there’s something truly charming and special about a backyard wedding. Holding the wedding in such an intimate, private space allows you to make it truly unique and personal, a memory to treasure for a lifetime. To make sure the day goes off without a hitch, make sure you’ve considered these essential elements.
· Make room for all your guests. Too crowded isn’t cozy, it’s just uncomfortable. Scale back your guest list if need be, so that you can comfortably seat everyone at the wedding. A good rule of thumb is to plan six to ten feet of floor space for each guest.
· Hire enough help. You can’t possibly do it all yourself, especially if you’re the one getting married! Hiring a wedding coordinator is ideal, but at the very least you should hire a caterer and cleaning crew.
· Plan your landscaping well ahead of time. You’ll want your yard to be beautifully manicured in time for your big day, and if you plan to have flowering plants as part of your wedding décor, time your planting so that they’ll bloom for your wedding day.
· Remember all the things you need to rent. Tables, chairs, dinnerware, napkins, table linens, place settings, and barware are definite must-haves for your wedding. You may also need portable bathrooms and niceties like an arch, a dance floor, or a red carpet. Think through your whole day, and make notes as you do, jotting down everything you could possibly need so that you won’t miss anything.
· You might need a generator. Talk to your caterer about the equipment that will be used on the day of the wedding, and think about things like tent lighting and sound equipment. Your home might not be able to handle the additional electrical load, so it’s wise to rent a generator.
· Have your vendors check out your space. The professionals will be able to tell you things about your home that might not work with your plan. They can help you determine whether your ground needs to be leveled, how large of a generator you’ll need, and what kind of equipment you may not have considered but may need to rent. They may also have advice about permits or local ordinances.
· Know your plan B. A backyard wedding can be beautiful, but it can also be quickly ruined by weather that doesn’t behave. Rent a tent ahead of time, and you’ll have an option if the forecast changes. Make sure to rent sidewalls to keep out rain, and a floor to keep your guests from sinking into mud. If the day is hot or cold, plan for climate control as well, renting fans or portable heaters.
You want your wedding day to be perfect, so trust A-1 Party Rentals and Events to help you with all the essential elements to help smooth the way for that perfect day. At A-1, we’ve got over two decades of experience in meeting and exceeding customers’ needs, and we’re committed to helping you plan an event that runs smoothly and leaves you with wonderful memories. A locally owned, complete service special event and equipment rental company in Redwood City, California, we’re proud to have built our success on strong relationships with our clients. We are dedicated to providing excellent quality, service, and attention to detail, and our inventory is unequaled in selection and quality. Visit our showroom to learn all we have to offer, or contact us through our website for more information.