Summer Screening: Host a Backyard Movie Night
Summer is a great time to throw a party, but doesn’t it seem like summer parties are often all the same? You could host a barbecue, but you might feel like barbecues are overdone. If y
Summer is a great time to throw a party, but doesn’t it seem like summer parties are often all the same? You could host a barbecue, but you might feel like barbecues are overdone. If you’re looking for a unique and fun party idea, have you ever considered turning your backyard into a theater?
It’s not as difficult as you might think. Start out by sending movie tickets to your guests with your invitations. You can design the invitations themselves as tickets, or purchase a roll of tickets and include some with each invitation. Roll out the red carpet to greet your guests, literally, by buying or renting a red carpet and setting it up to lead into the back yard.
The next step is to create a movie theater in your back yard. Think about all the components that make the movie theater experience so great, and use your imagination to make them a part of your party.
· First, the screen. There are many different options for a movie screen, starting with a plain white wall or a simple bedsheet hung on a clothesline. You could also choose an inflatable screen or, if you’re in a DIY mood, make your own screen with PVC pipe and a backdrop.
· Next, arrange your seating. You can choose to do this in a variety of different ways, to suit your sensibilities. You might opt for standard rows of chairs in front of the screen, you could choose to spread picnic blankets on the lawn, or you might decide on a combination, with blankets spread in front and chairs lining the back. For a luxurious feel, try incorporating comfy seating like couches and armchairs.
· Be creative with your décor. Twinkle lights strung throughout the back yard make for a nice ambiance for your theater night. You can set up a fun area decorated to look like a concession stand, or you might want to choose decorations in keeping with the theme of your movie.
· Choose how to show your movies. Of course, a good old fashioned projector works, but if you’re up to it, you can also create your own projector using your smartphone.
· Don’t forget the concessions. Popcorn is always a hit, and you can stick with movie theater style snacks, or you can create a buffet with your favorite treats. One fun idea is to create a menu in the theme of your movie, or you could provide concessions like cotton candy and snow cones, or hot dogs for those who want something a little more substantial
If you’re ready to host a movie night, A-1 Party Rentals and Events can help you make it a success. From seating to décor to concessions, we’ve got you covered. What’s more, at A-1 we’ve got over two decades of experience in meeting and exceeding customers’ needs, and we’re committed to helping you plan an event that runs smoothly and leaves you with wonderful memories. A locally owned, complete service special event and equipment rental company in Redwood City, California, we’re proud to have built our success on strong relationships with our clients. We are dedicated to providing excellent quality, service, and attention to detail, and our inventory is unequaled in selection and quality. Visit our showroom to learn all we have to offer, or contact us through our website for more information.