- A-1 Party Rental
Renting Tents 101
You’re planning an outdoor event, and you know you’ll need some tents to shelter your guests from the elements. When it’s time to rent them, though, the available options may seem overwhelming. How do you know how large the tent should be? What accessories will you need? When making your decision, consider these factors and you’ll make the right choice.
· How big is big enough? Ask yourself some questions to determine what size tent you’ll need. How many people will be attending? Do you need room for catering staff as well as guests? Will your guests be standing or seated? What other elements will be involved in your event? Do you need to leave space for a cake table, gift table, bar, or dance floor?
· Go for the frame. A framed tent is sturdy and weather resistant, as opposed to an economy tent, which can be blown over or let in rain. If you’re hosting an important event, it’s always a good idea to go for the better tent.
· How will you manage the temperature? If it’s cold, there are tent heaters. If your event is taking place over the hot summer months, you might need a tent AC unit or tent fans. In either case, if you’re committed to climate control, go ahead and rent sidewalls.
· Let’s talk about sidewalls. These must be rented separately from the canopy, and you will want enough to completely cover the sides of the tent. You can get them in solid white, clear, mesh, and with windows, and they’re usually 8 feet high and 20 feet wide.
· Do you need a dance floor? No one wants to dance in the mud, so a dance floor is a great plan when you’re renting a tent. It’s generally recommended that you rent a dance floor large enough to accommodate 33 percent of your attendees. It’s important to know where you’re placing the floor, too. Some dance floors are indoor only, while others can be placed outside as long as there’s padding underneath the floor.
· How will you keep the tent in place? The easiest way to hold down a tent is with stakes, but some venues won’t allow stakes in their grass. In that case, you should inquire as to whether they have a water source, with which to fill up water barrels. You’ll need one water barrel for every 10 feet of tent, and it’s cheaper and easier to fill them on site rather than hauling them in already full.
· Do you have the right permits? It’s smart to check with your local jurisdiction ahead of an event, to determine whether you need a permit for the size of tent you're renting.
No matter what kind of party you’re hosting, A-1 Party Rentals and Events can help you make it a success. At A-1, we’ve got over two decades of experience in meeting and exceeding customers’ needs, and we’re committed to helping you plan an event that runs smoothly and leaves you with wonderful memories. A locally owned, complete service special event and equipment rental company in Redwood City, California, we’re proud to have built our success on strong relationships with our clients. We are dedicated to providing excellent quality, service, and attention to detail, and our inventory is unequaled in selection and quality. Visit our showroom to learn all we have to offer, or contact us through our website for more information.