How to Keep Your Guests Warm at a Winter Event
Updated: Mar 8, 2019
A winter event can be beautiful, all twinkling lights, cozy candles, and magic. Unfortunately, if you’re in charge of a winter gathering, you’ll be faced with the challenge of keeping your guests comfortable, even if the weather is unpredictable or the temperature drops. How can you keep your guests warm at a winter event? We have some ideas.
Of course, you could have the party inside, but that limits your space. What’s more, people are probably going to want to step outside during the event anyway, which will still mean finding a way to heat at least part of the outdoors. It may be more fun to go ahead and commit to an outdoor, tented party, which will give you all the space you need and freedom to decorate as you want. Then consider these factors for keeping it warm, cozy, and welcoming.
· Climate control is possible, even in a tent. One key part of this is sidewalls, which can keep the temperature consistent inside your temporary building. You might consider connecting the tent to the main building or connecting it to an entry tent that helps prevent cold air from coming into the tent.
· Floors protect against the cold hard ground. Cold feet can make people miserable, and the ground outside in winter can be terribly cold and hard. Make sure you order flooring, to keep your guests’ toes toasty while adding to your overall ambiance.
· Used wisely, fires can add interest. Obviously, you won’t use fire inside the tent, but having a bonfire or fire pit outside can add an element of festivity to your event. You might even want to offer your guests s’mores and hot cocoa by the fire.
· Portable heaters are a great solution. The heaters available to rent for a party are much different than the small residential units you may have used at home in the past. They’re large, safe, and elegant enough that they won’t ruin the look of your décor.
· Candles and cushions make things cozy. Warmth isn’t just about the physical sensation: there’s a psychological aspect that’s comforting, too. Create a feeling of warmth and welcome by setting up conversation areas with comfortable furniture, soft cushions and throws, and candles. If you’re concerned about fire, use LED candles for the flickering warmth without the hazard. Candlelight incorporated into centerpieces and décor is also a great way to bring a feeling of warmth to your event.
When you’re ready to host the perfect winter event, A-1 Party Rentals and Events has what you need to make it warm and wonderful. At A-1, we’ve got over two decades of experience in meeting and exceeding customers’ needs, and we’re committed to helping you plan an event that runs smoothly and leaves you with happy memories.
A locally owned, complete service special event and equipment rental company in Redwood City, California, we’re proud to have built our success on strong relationships with our clients. We are dedicated to providing excellent quality, service, and attention to detail, and our inventory is unequaled in selection and quality. Visit our showroom to learn all we have to offer, or contact us through our website for more information.